The Black Athlete Abroad
AFRICAN-AMERICAN PLAYERS LEAVE THE STATES FOR NEW OPPORTUNITIES—-BUT DO THEY FACE THE SAME OLD RACISM?
Here are 12 of the worst hip hop songs we all secretly love.
i don’t understand how some of these songs are “ridiculously bad”…
this is some white nonsense. in what world is any juvenile song ridiculously bad? especially slow motion. i am personally offended.
this is some white nonsense
white people need to shut the fuck up about black art forms forever and ever amen.
this fool has Milkshake. Temperature, Slow Motion, and Shake It Fast on this list. this fool is a fool.
A Song of Ice and Fire women & Pre-Raphaelite Art (+ associated artists):
- Joan of Arc (1865), John Everett Millais
- Night (1880-85), Edward Robert Hughes
- Ophelia (1894), John William Waterhouse
- Vanity (1907), Frank Cadogan Cowper
- Mary Magdalene (1858-60), Frederick Sandys
- The Soul of the Rose (1908), John William Waterhouse
- Circe Offering the Cup to Ulysses (1891), John William Waterhouse
- Priestess of Delphi (1891), John Collier
- The Beloved (1865), Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Valykrie’s Vigil (1906), Edward Robert Hughes
God is real
do action movies know they can have more than one female character
Someone should make an action movie with all girls except for one guy and have no explanation or mention of it in the movie and then pay all of the actors to act surprised like they’d never noticed when they get the inevitable storm of questions.
This one male must have a shower scene, be saved by the protagonist at least once, and fall in love with a lead female.
I do too doge.
I do too.
Next week: Jack Crawford arrests himself on suspicion of being the Chesapeake Ripper
LIST OF THE WEEK: TEN NATIVE AMERICAN PROTAGONISTS
We thought about what to put here, but these ten Native American protagonists speak for themselves. For more fun lists and all things YA lit, visit our website, follow us here and on Twitter, and subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
[EDIT] Thanks to Crystal Brunelle for pointing out that Dragon Castle has a Slovakian protaganist. Our bad! We’ve replaced it with The Lesser Blessed.