There we go
Bout fuckin time someone called they ass out
The white gay dude on the left is the asshole who wrote the rebuttal to Sierra’s piece for Thought Catalog.
He—and all the other useless white gay racist assholes crying ‘cultural segregation’—should die in a fire while starving.
^^^ we definitely need to have convos on women stealing black gay culture. but not convos that center on the hurt feelings of whiny, white gay boys.
Is it really Black women stealing Black gay culture when it was BLACK women who raised those BLACK gay boys, and BLACK women they emulate any damn way?
Sure, Black gay culture is a real and huge thing that creates culture on its own,
But a LOT of Black gay culture comes from Black femininity in general.
(My language is clunky, but I KNOW you know wtf I’m saying)
But the article being discussed on CNN anyway is about WHITE gay men and their need to be sassy Black women, reducing our identities to a joke and stealing Black woman culture to form their raggedy ass identities.right and if you’re saying black women are stealing black gay culture then white aren’t white gays imitating black gays? Alot of black gay culture comes from black women.
June is so out the door
*dies of secondhand embarrassment*
she does it to herself.
This has to be in the top 5 of misuse of AAVE ever.
this is literally almost every experience I’ve ha d witnessing white people attempting to execute AAVE unnecessarily.
the next style move btw
i love this style, but i’d need assistance like whoa.
Check out Chivon and Jermell’s elegant wedding full of “Bows and Monograms,” captured by Janelle C. Photography!
Please, for the love of Jesus, don’t remove my info when reblogging ♥
For More Fashion Inspiration & Body Confidence Follow Me:
Sleepy Hollow - Don’t leave your Crane unattended!
Sleepy Hollow fanart!
Ichabod represents my reaction on learning that Katrina made that doll and handed it to their baby son…that thing is creeperiffic
Then I thought about it a bit and now I have a theory that Sleepy Hollow witches are raised to see creepy/morbid/icky things as cute, because their profession involves stuff of that nature
And to the two who abandoned me to eternal suffering.
Your kid is a mess.
Queer Muslim Masterpost
This post pretty much came about because I was asked if I had resources for Muslims who were discovering or newly coming to terms with their sexuality. I didn’t, and the poor advice I had to offer was … poor. So, I pulled up a few of the blogs I followed that are targeted towards queer Muslims, and put together this little post for you!
Queer Muslim Blogs:
- Ahwaa: An open space to debate LGBTQ-related issues in the Middle East
- ComingOutMuslim (check out their project here: [x])
- InQueeries channel with Yusef Woof (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Salaam Canada
- Muslims Against Homophobia and LGBT Hate facebook group
- Totally Radical Muslim Zine
Queer Muslim 101:
- A quick gender/sexuality 101
- But what does a queer Muslim even look like? (hint: they look like people)
- Defining homonationalism and pinkwashing.
- PDF:Homosexuality In Islam, by Scott Siraj al-Haqq Kugle (Intro + 1st Chap) Buy your own copy!
- PDF:Muslim LGBT Inclusion Project, by Intersections International
- Why Safe Spaces are Important
- “I’m confused about my sexuality.”
- “I need proof from Qur’an and Sunnah that I’m not Haraam.”
- “What about the Qur’an and Hadith that chastise LGBT*Q Muslims?”
- Some hadiths can be read in different ways, so it’s best to look at the outcome.
- “Islam and LGBT* are not mutually exclusive.”
- “But I was taught Islam was the most heterosexist religion.” [tw: continuously moving background at the link]
- “But all Muslims are homophobic!” (spoiler alert: you’re wrong.)
- “But Muslims hate sex - it’s ~dirty~ to them!” (I would recommend this class for basic 101 on marriage and love [sex] in Islam. Take it with Basyouni.) (See also: x and x)
- “Love the sinner, hate the sin, and why that’s bullshit.”
- “Should I come out?” (spoiler alert: that’s up to you!)
- “Is there a place for LGBT*Q Muslims?” (Or “There’s no place for LGBT*Q Muslims/no organisations/no hope.”)
- “Will LGBT*Q Muslims go to hell?” (spoiler alert: I’m not God, how would I know?)
- “But it’s unnatural!” (lolk)
- “There aren’t any gay Imams or Sheikhs, so you’re just making things up!” (Also here.)
- “But no fatwa was made!” (It’s Wahabi.)
- A post about other Sheikhs’ opinions.
- “But there are no inclusive mosques for LGBT* Muslims!” (Just stop.)
- There is no place for homophobia in Islam.
- Let’s repeat that: There is no place for homophobia in Islam.
- Ayahs that talk about Prophet Lut.
- A closer reading of ayahs re: homosexuality (prev here but no longer).
- See also: You decide how you interpret your religion.
- Homosexuality in Sharia
- Homosexuality in Predominately Muslim Countries
- Predominately Muslim Countries who are taking steps toward equality. [x] [x]
- Same-sex marriage
- Queer Muslim Cinema: Azizah, Illuminations, Coming Out Muslim, A Jihad For Love, I Exist, Coming Out Muslim: Radical Acts of Love, Al-Nisa [BONUS: Show Al-Nisa and Red Summer (the producer) some love!], Circumstance, Naz + Maalik (Currently in production), Gay Muslims (a documentary produced by Channel 4 in the U.K), City of Borders, The Bubble, Out in the Dark (Palestinian and Israeli fall in love. facebook page).
- Queer Muslim Literature: [x] [x] [Gaylaxy magazine] [Bareed Mista3jil] [Totally Radical Muslims Zine]
- Desi LGBT*Q Hotline
- Queer Pakistan LGBT*Q Voice and Support Group [and here is a news article]
A good thing to remember is to avoid the self-hatred phase, if you can. Focus on loving yourself, and realising that Allah made you just the way you are, and that you are loved. If this phase is unavoidable, here are some helpful sites:
- Help! I’m losing my Islam
- Feeling suicidal?
- Suicide prevention
- Supporting someone who self-harms
- Suicide and Crisis Hotlines
- Online Crisis Network (for those with anxiety which prevents them from talking on the phone)
If you are from Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or India and want to share your experiences (anonymously), please click here.
If you can spare some funds, help navigatethestream, a queer Muslim, become an Imam to help the Muslim LGBT* community!